Saturday, October 17, 2009

Moscato Madness

Although I'm no liquor expert, one thing's for sure- I love moscato. Its sweet, light and fizzy all at once. Best of it, it doesn't carry the heavy price tag of champagne. On days when life has been far from kind, a well chilled glass of moscato over dinner (followed by a good night's sleep) never fails to perk me up.

Recently, I had the good fortune of dining in a restaurant (Ristorante De Parma) which serves a delicious pink Australian moscato from The Innocent Bystander.


A 375ml crown sealed bottle costs SGD18+++, which is decent value. This is by far one of the better versions of moscato I have sampled so far, boasting just the right amount of sweetness, fizz and fruitiness (summer fruits, rose petals and turkish delight).

Unfortunately, I have yet to locate an accessible wineshop which stocks this label. In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to settle for the Brown Brothers version.

Another pink moscato which I am looking forward to trying is Princess Moscato by Peter Lehmann Wines. Selected Denise Wine Shops carry this label and I hope to pick up a bottle in the coming week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails