Sunday, November 01, 2009

Tequila Blue

You know its Halloween when you step into a restaurant and see this:

Trick or treat

And this:

A hanging skull under the exit sign

Tequila Blue is the kind of restaurant/pub which exudes an unexplainable homely charm.

Mexican food ain't really my cup of tea but there are certain items in the menu which taste so good that I wouldn't mind coming back for seconds, thirds and more.

Starters (SGD4.50). Nachos with chilled guacamole dip. Crisp and refreshing.


Chicken chimichanga (SGD13.95). Battered Mexican-style spring rolls stuffed with chicken, gooey cheese and mixed peppers. Topped with tomato salsa, guacamole, sour cream, green chilli and all things nice. The accompanying sides of black beans and rice were hearty and delicious.


Chilli Colorado (SGD14.50). We mistakenly expected the dish to resemble chili con carne. What we got instead was a shredded chili beef stew seeped in a tomato reduction. The beef tasted pretty good on its own but was probably meant to be eaten with the accompanying sides of nachos and rice.


Apple Mojito (SGD10): A mix of rum, apple soda and lime. Decent but not mindblowing. I should have opted for a magarita instead.



On top of the ala carte menu, the restaurant also offers BBQ favorites like steaks, burgers, sausages and wagyu burgers on Fri and Sat from 630-1030pm and Sundays from 1230-630pm. Prices are pocket friendly and start from SGD8.95 onwards. On Sundays, patrons can even enjoy a complimentary glass of Bucks Fizz.

It must have been my unlucky day because 1) there is an ongoing Standard Chartered credit card promotion (offering a whopping 25% discount off all food items) and I forgot to bring my card and 2) I would have so loved to attend the Halloween Party (which was barely 2 hours away).

Which gives me all the more reason to make a return visit. =)

I also like the fact that the restaurant closes at midnight. That gives me ample time to make my way there after a long day at work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails