Saturday, April 03, 2010

Cheers to Good Health

I seldom have cravings for healthy food. Unfortunately, given my burgeoning waistline, healthy food is something I have had to sneak into my meal plans every once in a blue moon.

Last week was one of such "healthy" days. At a loss what to eat, hubby and I decided to have dinner at Ministry of Food, since we hadn't visited the place in some time.

The crowd at Ministry of Food is achingly young, making us feel a tad too old for our liking. Nonetheless I was hopelessly charmed by the restaurant's whimsical decor- complete with cherry blossom ceiling paper and Victorian chairs.



Don't expect high quality Japanese food here. The menu looks extensive and the pictures are lovely but at the end of the day, the restaurant is just a well oiled franchise with standardised offerings catered to the mass market.

I was highly disappointed with the char siew ramen. The char siew pieces were dry and tough, noodles were soggy and the gravy was weak. What a disaster.

Thank goodness for the avocado salad which arrived thereafter. The dish was sight to behold with pretty cubes of avocado, tofu and cucumber neatly arranged in an elongated bowl with a sprinkling of almond flakes on the surface. Even its accompanying wasabi mayo dressing looked delectable.



It has been a long time since I have eaten something so healthy and yummy. Although this is still not something I can eat every meal, it is definitely a big step forward. In fact, I am already thinking of replicating it at home.



Cheers to good health!

MOF @ My Izakaya
3 Temasek Boulevard
#B1- 40 Suntec City Mall
Tel: 63385523

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails