Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Hari Raya

While most of Singapore is caught up in the fun and festivities of the Hari Raya holiday, I find myself holed up at home, puking by my toilet bowl.

Yes. I am officially pregnant and looking forward to the end of the first trimester.

That also explains why I haven't been updating my food blog much. My food loving days are temporarily placed on hold. Things I used to adore (roast pork, thick curries, steamboats, chicken rice, laksa) have now become objects of repulsion. Even reading food blogs and food magazines makes me retch. When I'm hungry, all I feel like eating are plain noodles, potatoes, porridge and the occasional fruit. My weight has plummeted by 4 kilos and though I'm secretly pleased, the perpetual exhaustion and feeling of unwellness is driving me nuts.

Enough of my whining. Its the long weekend after all.

HAPPY HARI RAYA folks!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails