Monday, June 14, 2010

4 Fingers Bonchon

Four fingers in the air
The best kept secret you don't want to share
(yes..they have their own jingle! check it out in their website http://www.gimme4fingers.com/bonchon/)


One of the best things that happened to me this year was the discovery of 4 Fingers Bonchon

I enjoy chicken wings but usually shy away from them because they are messy, oily affairs . I also never quite got over the urban legend that eating chicken wings will cause cancer.

This changed after I took my first bite of Four Fingers Bon Chon chicken wings. I have since become a hopeless chicken wing fanatic (CWF) and there is no turning back.

Here are some reasons why I find 4 Fingers Bonchon so appealing:

1) Chic outlet in Ion. I'm a sucker for packaging and 4 Fingers Bonchon seems to have gotten its formula right by positioning itself as a funky fast food-like joint with cute boxes, quirky video clips and thumping music. I also like the fact that it is usually not too packed on weekdays during lunchtime.

Funky box

2) The wings/drumletters are really delish! They come in battered bite size pieces which are a joy to nibble on (using your thumb and index fingers, thus giving rise to the term "4 Fingers"). You get to choose from 3 distinct flavors- soy, garlic and hot. All are equally addictive. marrying the best of sweet, salty, savory and spicy. My girlfriend and I usually order a set of 18 wings/drumlettes (SGD19.95) to share and ask for an equal mix of all 3 flavors. The hot flavor never fails to make me weep so do keep some fries, dry napkins and soft drinks on hand.

Chicken so good it made me cry

3) Sides. Order the tofu mushroom salad with sesame soyu dressing (SGD6.95). I'm no salad eater but I could eat this salad everyday because it just tastes so good! The medley of battered tofu and mushroom is a perfect match. Coupled with the tantalizing sweet-salty sesame soyu dressing, this is one powerful salad that has changed my perspective of salads.

Mother of all salads

The server must have noticed how much I was enjoying myself because halfway into the meal, she presented me and my girlfriend with a thick booklet full of discount coupons for future purchases. 150 pcs of chicken for SGD139.50 anyone?
Note: After eating 4 Finger Bonchon, I went on a chicken wing rampage. None can match up to 4Fingers in my humble opinion but some noteworthy alternatives include those from Old Chang Kee (best eaten piping hot with their special sambal), Ikea, Overeasy and Ice Cold Beer Stellar Bar.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails