Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Cooking Craze

With the Good Friday long weekend just around the corner, I couldn't resist but sign myself up for a cooking class conducted by a distinguished French chef.

Here's what we will be learning (and I'm drooling as I am typing):

1) Moules Marinieres
Steamed mussels in white wine, cream & fresh herbs

2) Confit de Carnard
Crispy duck leg confit with de puy lentils

3) Coq Au Vin
Chicken braised in casserole with garden vegetables & wine

4) Ratatouille
A healthy & easy stew made with garden vegetables

5) Escargot in vol au vents
Snails cooked in garlic, butter and fresh herbs in a savoury puff pastry case

With the exception of the escargots (which I still lack the guts to try), all the other dishes sound darn good to me! Better still, there will be complimentary wine served during the class.

I can't wait!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails